2014 Opera Awards Foundation Bursary
It has just been announced that I have been awarded a 2014 Opera Awards Foundation Bursary.
The Opera Awards Foundation was founded in 2012 by Harry Hyman and John Allison who recognised that there were many artistically talented individuals whose potential was not being nurtured to development.
The Opera Awards Foundation will advance the education of the public in the art of opera in particular by the provision of bursaries or grants to individuals, groups of individuals or other charitable organisations.
Bursaries or grants will be made based on financial need to worthy recipients who need further training or other assistance in the development of their careers in opera. Suitable recipients will include singers, conductors and répétiteurs or those operating in associated professions, including directors, set-, costume- and lighting-designers.
The Foundation intends to invite applications annually and these will be considered by the Trustees.
The primary objectives of the Foundation are to:
- Recognize the artistic talents of individuals within opera who have a financial need
- Provide opportunities to develop and display these talents
- Provide bursaries and grants to the identified individuals
- Support institutions that promote youth involvement in opera
- Seek private funds to help meet the Foundations objectives
- Continue to promote and educate the public in Opera
- Through the Foundation’s Awards Ceremony provide a showcase for recognition of talented individuals
For a full list of winners, please see click here http://www.operaawards.org/bursaries.aspx