- Anerio: Christus factus est
- Richard Bates: In The Dark
- Lotti: Crucifixus
- Victoria: Versa est in luctum
- Gesualdo: Tristis est anima mea
- Richard Bates: Tenebrae: 1. Tamquam ad latronem
- Richard Bates: Tenebrae: 2. Tenebrae factae sunt
- Richard Bates: Tenebrae: 3. Animam meam
- Richard Bates: Tenebrae: 4. O vinea mea
- Richard Bates: Tenebrae: 5. Jesum tradidit
- Richard Bates: Tenebrae: 6. Caligaverunt
- Victoria: Ecce quomodo moritur
- Lassus: Tristis est anima mea
- Purcell: Hear my prayer
- James MacMillan: Miserere
The Platinum Consort, with their director Scott Inglis-Kidger, make their debut recording on Resonus with a programme of music both for and inspired by the Tenebrae tradition.
Featuring some of the most powerful and poignant choral music to come from the western world, the Platinum Consort present a survey of works from the sixteenth century to the present day – including James MacMillan’s stunning Miserere and Tenebrae settings by the consort’s composer-in-residence Richard Bates. The recording also includes In The Dark composed by Bates especially for this recording.
For more information, please click here.